Position: Program Director, Renaissance SOMA
Reports to: Renaissance CEO
Supervises: Program staff and consultants
Location: San Francisco, California
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. At our offices and off-site programs, we deliver high-quality business training support services to socially and economically diverse men and women starting and expanding microenterprises.
Renaissance seeks a passionate, experienced colleague with expertise in small business and economic development to lead programs in our San Francisco South of Market (SOMA) location. Programs and services at Renaissance SOMA are evolving and growing rapidly; this is a key position in optimizing our largest program site and in strategic growth and impact across the Bay Area. The ideal candidate has proven experience in program design and management, small business, and leadership in collaborating and working with diverse clients and community stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the SOMA program team in managing, developing and delivering programs and services at Renaissance’s SOMA program site, including training classes, workshops, technical assistance and consultations; and loan packaging - intensive business support services designed to support microentrepreneurs at all stages of business launch and growth
· Contribute to strategic planning and leadership towards achieving Renaissance’s program goals, client success and organizational impact across the Bay Area
· Recruit, train, manage and evaluate consultants and volunteers who deliver client services
· Oversee community outreach and marketing strategies; cultivate relationships with multiple stakeholders: clients, community partners, funders, local nonprofit organizations and businesses
· Work with Renaissance’s CEO and program teams to identify and develop new client services, partnerships and other initiatives to increase the impact of our programs
· Provide effective management and assure quality of client case management, data input and tracking, for program evaluation
· Work with CEO, Finance Manager and Programs Team to develop and oversee program budgets, invoicing, consultant contracts, reporting and other communications to local and federal government and other funders
· Work with Development Director to develop project concepts for funding proposals and report on program deliverables
Skills and Qualifications:
· Passion for the mission and vision of Renaissance; knowledge of general business practices, applicable laws, ordinances and regulations related to small business ownership and operations, and ability to convey these to emerging entrepreneurs
· A combination of at least ten years of experience in small business, knowledge of the field of microenterprise, community economic development, and/or senior management in administering programs for low-income or under-resourced communities
· Expertise in training and curriculum development with emphasis on the needs of adult learners; ability to manage diverse client business cases, and to evaluate, motivate, and monitor business consultants in multiple industries
· Demonstrated capacity in assessment and evaluation, problem-solving and action-orientation in successful administration of multiple/simultaneous projects as demand, funding and conditions change
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; strength in making presentations to individuals and groups, and in writing clear and concise program proposals and reports. Ability to convey information to diverse audiences in constructive clear way
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate a compelling and inspired sense of purpose; knack for managing and inspiring a diverse group of people to optimize each other and the team; capacity to identify skills in and recruit consultants, instructors, and volunteers
· Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced, process-oriented, and mission-driven organization
· Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree(s) welcome but not required
· Availability for flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours. Ability to travel to remote training sites and events. California Driver’s License is required.
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, exempt position includes a competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter (one page), resume (no more than two pages), and LinkedIn profile address (if available) to Sharon Miller at
. Please note “Program Director, Renaissance SOMA” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.