: Program Coordinator, Renaissance BayviewReports to
: Renaissance Bayview Center ManagerLocation
: San Francisco, CA
Renaissance seeks a Program Coordinator
to support our new Business Acceleration project, building upon current programming to create a new suite of accelerated services for local businesses. Renaissance Bayview’s Business Acceleration project will focus primarily on advanced entrepreneurship training and support services in our Contractors’ Initiative, as multiple construction projects are scheduled in San Francisco over the next decade.
The Program Coordinator
will work directly with our clients, represent our organization at various events, present on our services at community meetings, track and report on client outcomes, research/write client success stories, communicate with funders and support marketing efforts including our web site, collateral and social media campaigns. The ideal new teammate has great people skills, is highly organized, self-managed in setting and meeting deadlines and effectively professional. Experience in Construction and General Contracting industries, as well as verbal and written Spanish competency, are highly desired. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Operations: Coordinate trainings/events and client services in cooperation with the Center Manager.
- Programmatic Support: Contribute to Renaissance Bayview comprehensive offerings, including: program development; evaluation; partner/community/public relations; reporting program outcomes to government agencies, financial supporters and community members; client outcome tracking/follow-up; data input; administrative support.
- Direct Services: Introduce entrepreneurs and potential business owners to economic development resources and provide direct support/assistance with business planning and growth processes including basic consulting and technical assistance.
- Outreach: Perform public outreach at community, donor and media events. Identify and reach out to new partners for off-site presentations. Attend off-site meetings, networking and tabling events, and provide grassroots outreach.
- Information Requests: Remain abreast of organization’s programs and services, training/event/staff schedules, and regional microenterprise issues to inform and assist clients, donors, partners, and peers.
- Research and Writing: Assist in researching background information and preparing various documents/communication materials (e.g. proposals, client success stories).
- Marketing: Work with our Administrative personnel in maintaining our website/marketing materials and social media efforts specific to Renaissance Bayview.
- Proactive self-starter who thrives in dynamic, but process-driven work environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with myriad stakeholders (staff, board, clients, policy makers, community, volunteers, funders) from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Effective time and project management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook and Excel), Internet and databases.
Salary and Benefits:
- Experience with community organizing, and program development and evaluation.
- Familiarity with regional/local microenterprise and economic development issues; personal entrepreneurial experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, organize, and motivate diverse individuals.
- Experience and/or familiarity with construction and/or contracting industry desired.
- Experience in marketing, outreach and social media.
- Equivalent of bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, city planning or a related field and/or an associate’s degree and five years of related experience.
- Database familiarity.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Spanish language capacity a strong plus.
This non-exempt full-time, 35 hour/week position includes a competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays. Work schedule varies, but can include weekday evenings as events require. Local travel to training sites, presentations and events also required. Application Process:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to
, noting “Renaissance Bayview Program Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. The position will remain open until filled. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.