Position: Executive Associate
Reports to: CEO
Liaises with: Board of Directors and Program, Marketing, Development and Finance teams
Location: San Francisco, CA
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a Bay Area regional 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. Through our five Centers and offsite programs, we deliver high-quality business training and support services to socially and economically diverse men and women starting and growing microenterprises.
Renaissance is seeking an Executive Associate to provide high-level administrative support to Renaissance's CEO. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned administrative professional who has expertise in supporting the ED/CEO of a fast-paced and growing organization and is able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in assessing and prioritizing activities and flow in the central office. S/he has demonstrated ability to manage critical administrative aspects, allowing the CEO to optimize her time and organizational leadership. This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated person, who is responsible for assisting in the coordination of projects between the CEO and staff, the Board of Directors, donors, and community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conserve CEO's time by reading, researching and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents. Proofread memos and other documents for CEO.
• Answer calls for CEO; use judgment when routing calls and answering inquiries.
• Act as a liaison with other departments and outside contacts.
• Maintain CEO's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling a variety of meetings, teleconferences and travel, ensuring CEO's activities are running smoothly.
• Responsible for CEO office organization, filing, mailings and other support activities.
• Research, development of presentations and other efforts to support CEO's role in Bay Area microenterprise and economic development thought leadership.
• Maintain calendar of Renaissance program, events, and activities across the region.
• Assist in public outreach efforts, media events, donor events, and other types of meetings. Attend off-site meetings, networking events and tabling opportunities.
• Support the execution of Renaissance’s annual fundraising event; work with Development Director, Development Coordinator and event consultant; collaborate with program staff in client vendor cultivation; coordinate consultants and volunteers.
Board of Directors
• Coordinate and prepare for Board meetings, including scheduling, meeting arrangements, document distribution, and meeting follow-up.
• Compile documents, meeting minutes and other efforts to maintain communicative board.
• Maintain administrative momentum on projects and committees. Assist with Board fundraising and other major initiatives, including support of the Board Development Committee.
Skills and Qualifications
• Respect and enthusiasm for the importance of supporting the central office and communication, interaction and organizational culture in this administrative role
• Excellent organizational and time management abilities; strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, changing environment and community
• Ability to represent Renaissance at community events, during day, evening and weekends on occasion
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of skills and relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to analyze, evaluate and clearly present written information and findings
• Initiative; ability to work independently
• Trustworthy, discreet and flexible
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Photoshop proficiency a plus. Knowledge of standard office administrative practices/procedures
• At least five years' experience providing administrative support at the executive level, supporting an Executive Director and/or CEO
• Non-profit experience preferred; development experience a plus
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, non-exempt position includes a competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.