Rage Against the Machine!
Outwit the Robo Economy, Do What Machines Can’t
Robots are the new factory workers; they’re the new sushi chefs; they performing surgery, and we ain’t seen nothing yet. Millions more are coming to fill American jobs without visas or college education. It’s poised to be the next trillion dollar industry.
Where does that leave you? Getting really good at asking, “Want fries with that?” But even those jobs may go robo. What’s left?
Since we possess the most intelligent noggin on the planet, why couldn’t we figure out how to survive Robo-Economics – even thrive instead of feeling like a floppy disk?
If you’re a contractor, working in the Gig Economy; if you’ve plunged into business ownership or about to, you’re on the right track. Because there’s still plenty of space for those with heart, soul and compassion in doing business with your fellow man and woman. But understanding how to outduel the Terminator is another story.
That story begins with a 7-week journey on the SS Entrepreneur-Ship fueled by the 5-Finger MBA, the visual, interactive entrepreneurship training – meeting face-to-face with other humans in a captivating workshop each Saturday morning for three hours:
- It’s visual because 70% of learning is through our eye
- It’s interactive because “doing” solidifies retention
- It’s collaborative to improve your ideas using collective brain power
- It’s clarifying to produce real-time business strategies and planning
- It’s won the National Excellence Award for building Inner City Economies
Your destination is a profitable, sustainable enterprise organically grown by you and backed by an emerging Local Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Oakland.
- A Leadership program. The gist is to provide an overview of the Oakland community specifically and the Bay Area in general. You will meet various leaders from organizations working with entrepreneurs. That’s why this class is for those in business or seriously close to launching one.
- The 5-Finger MBA – hone in on 5 specific areas of the business:
- Your Product: the specific product you’re offering to the public, why anyone would buy it and why it benefits the buyer.
- Niche Marketing: targeting your specific clientele because specializing is the most profitable route.
- Referral Sales: getting so good at what you produce that people rave about your business.
- Honoring Your Word: establishing your internal structure and external delivery system so that clients have an easy time doing business with you.
- Financial Intelligence: Your opening capital, your opening expenses, monthly expenses and one-year projections.
5-Finger MBA begins 9 a.m. Saturday, October 7
Each session: 3 hours for 7 weeks
Final Product: Completed business strategy and planning
Location: Oakland Business Assistance Center, Ogawa Plaza
Tuition: $100 – $250 sliding scale based on income. (Email email@example.com to get a scholarship)
Instructor: Boku Kodama, 40-year entrepreneur and research fanaticregister here
- October 7
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Small Business Classes