Position: Business Consultant, Renaissance Women’s Business Center
Reports to: Director, Women’s Business Center & SoMa (South of Market) Programs
Works with: SoMa program staff, business consultants and colleagues across Renaissance sites
Location: San Francisco, California
Renaissance seeks a Business Consultant to deliver training and consulting services to our small business clients, empowering them with business knowledge, skills and networks. Our Business Consultant will coordinate and lead training classes and workshops, and design and develop curriculum to be delivered in person and online. This full-time, exempt position is ideal for a proactive, analytical, and innovative thinker with a passion for economic justice and an appreciation for the needs and contributions of our diverse client population.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping under-resourced women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming their lives and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Note: During the current coronavirus pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco with frequent on-site visits to client business locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with program colleagues to determine appropriate trainings and workshops, responding to client needs and shifting business environment
- Design and develop training classes and workshops, and create and refine curriculum for multiple stages and facets of business launch, operation and sustainability
- Help clients identify and navigate the impacts of COVID-19
- Provide 1:1 and small group consulting to address individual client needs
- Analyze client business information to assist them in determining business action plans and strategies
- Maintain strong relationships and excellent follow up with clients; take a case management approach to support individual clients in launching, preparing and executing business strategies, and in tapping other resources within Renaissance and the community
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, consultants and the business community to expand expertise; keep abreast of business trends, techniques, and processes
- Maintain thorough client data and consulting documentation to track action steps and impact; provide data for progress reporting; create client stories to illuminate challenges, progress and success
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience and comfort with the inner workings of small businesses in multiple industries and diverse communities
- Expertise in coaching/training/consulting with small business owners; strength in working directly with clients and case management models; understanding of adult learning and experience in creating training and curriculum.
- Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced and mission-driven organization
- Experience using database for client case management and reporting on grant deliverables
- Ability to convey information to diverse audiences; strength in writing clearly and concisely, and in making presentations to individuals and groups
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree(s) welcome but not required
- Bilingual Spanish highly desired
- Availability for flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours as needed
- Ability to travel to offsite trainings, client business sites, and community events
- Can do, proactive, problem-solving attitude combined with passion for Renaissance’s mission, vision and client base.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary ($70-$75K based on experience) with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients!
Application Process: Please send a cover letter (one page) and resume (two pages max) – in PDF format – and LinkedIn profile address (if available) to email@example.com. Please note “Business Consultant, Renaissance Women’s Business Center” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer – we value and encourage diverse applicants with respect to age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities. Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.