Position: Data and Evaluation Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Women’s Business Center & SoMa Programs
Works with: Program team and others organization-wide including CEO and Development
Supervise: Part-time Data Entry Assistant, Data and Evaluation Interns and Volunteers
Location: San Francisco, CA
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are seeking a Data and Evaluation Coordinator who is passionate about data systems and is inspired by the stories that data can tell. Our colleague will support our operation as a metrics-driven organization, championing our client data tracking and monitoring systems, and using it as a mirror to measure our outcomes and impact. This position involves working closely with program staff throughout the organization to maintain our client database and coordinate the collection, entry, storage, analysis, and reporting of information used to measure outcomes, formulate organizational dashboards, and report on grants. Our ideal new colleague believes in our mission, takes ownership of data management processes and works well with colleagues at all levels of the organization and program implementation. This position is ideal for a creative, innovative, and independent team player.
Approximately 70% of the work will be centered on the programs based in our South of Market office and Women’s Business Center; the remaining work focused on other sites and the organization as a whole. This role is based out of SoMa San Francisco but our new colleague is encouraged to work from our Bayview San Francisco, East Palo Alto and Richmond offices as well.
Note: During the current Coronavirus Pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic reality evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco with occasional (employee provided transport) to work with staff at our other sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Key duties include, but are not limited to:
Renaissance Women’s Business Center and SoMa Programs
- Monitor SoMa grant requirements and outcomes reporting, based on deep understanding of new and existing grant deliverables and reporting guidelines, grant operations systems and processes (for example, City Span, SBA, City Grants Programs etc.)
- Create monthly program deliverables progress matrix.
- Oversee data entry and maintain data integrity.
- Maintain client document filing system in accordance with grant requirements.
- Prepare for document review and audits as requested by grantor organizations.
- Create quantitative reporting to inform data-driven decision-making, based on database and client outcomes data.
- Ensure accurate and timely data uploading and downloading from our database (currently, Renaissance uses VistaShare Outcome Tracker) as required by grants and funders.
- Support WBC and SoMa programs, collect client intake forms and communicate with clients when needed.
- Process monthly consultant invoices, based on grant requirements and funding availability.
- Occasionally participate in WBC and SoMa evening programs by collecting paperwork, assisting clients, and supporting instructors during workshops (approximately 1-2 a month).
Data Management (Org-wide)
- Support ongoing data collection, entry, and analysis at all sites.
- Ensure integrity of the MIS (VistaShare) structure and content, while exploring and implementing refinements and continuous improvement.
- Maintain integrity of data through standardized data entry practices org-wide.
- Optimize and update organization-wide data forms annually.
- Fulfill reports and data requests for program and development staff and board and provide data to help the organization make metrics-driven decisions.
- Visit a satellite Renaissance site at least once per month to help with data entry/data collection and meet to address any data needs.
- Represent Renaissance in occasional webinars to share data entry best practices with other similar non-profit organizations.
- Train staff, interns and volunteers on data collection, data entry and reporting.
- Maintain Renaissance Outcome Tracker and User Guide as well as monitoring and evaluation policies and procedures.
- Execute annual client Entrepreneur Tracker (Aspen Institute) survey: coordinating interview process with peer staff; conducting interviews, inputting and uploading data, overseeing analysis.
- Conduct quarterly mini-surveys of clients via phone, email or in-person.
- Provide (internally and externally) information and analysis for the purposes of program improvement, development, and strategic leadership.
- Produce reports for Renaissance Board of Directors; create year-end and other reports summarizing organizational impact.
- May include, but is not limited to, undertaking new project opportunities in organization-wide data and evaluation as they arise.
- Continuously innovating processes to make data and evaluation more efficient and informative.
- Willingness to take on other duties as assigned and shift priorities when needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and joy in managing complex systems, tracking data, metrics and moving parts.
- Passion for the story that data can tell; ability to decipher learnings and assess impact from data points and trends.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to lead a team in executing multi-stage projects.
- Proficiency with reporting using database software, preferably (but not necessarily) VistaShare, as well as Constant Contact, Microsoft Office and Google platforms.
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing data in excel.
- Capacity to decipher layperson requests for information into thorough report queries.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to take the initiative on assigned projects.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, inclusive environment and community.
Compensation: This is a full-time (35-hour work week), non-exempt position. Competitive salary based on experience ($60-65k) with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues!
Application Process: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Data and Evaluation Coordinator” as the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.