Position: Development Coordinator (Full-time; Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Development Director
Works with: Development, Program, Marketing, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Finance Teams, Fundraising and Event Consultants
Location: Renaissance SoMa, 275 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Position Overview: Renaissance is seeking a Development Coordinator to join our passionate Development Team, providing administrative support and engaging in all aspects of fundraising. The ideal candidate will be a communicative team player who enjoys data/impact-driven work. They will strive to maintain and strengthen a diverse funding base. Renaissance’s current organizational budget of $3.6M is comprised of funding from government, corporate, foundation and individual sources; the Development Coordinator will support the maintenance of these funds and relationships.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (Renaissance) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 34 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area; this position will be based out of Renaissance’s South of Market Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Play a key role in our donor engagement cycle, including: Identification; cultivation; solicitation; follow-up; and monitoring and evaluation. Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain administrative systems to ensure the smooth functioning of the development department: fundraising calendar; tracking and processing of solicitations and donations; sending acknowledgment letters and development research.
- Maintain Salesforce database, including donor updates and donations tracking and reporting, and other development administration and calendaring.
- Conduct gifts processing, ensuring gift recording, acknowledgment, tracking and reporting and synchronize with Finance Administration.
- Utilize Constant Contact and Network for Good platforms for fundraising communications, events, and campaigns.
- Maintain Development web pages and Development-related social media content.
- Work with the Date and Evaluation Coordinator to create impact reports for online and direct mail use.
- Work with the Development Director and Event Consultants to coordinate event logistics and vendor communications.
- Compile sponsorship list and send sponsorship solicitations (direct mail and online).
- Coordinate event logistics, including: invitations, ticket sales, flyers, vendors, guest list, seating, registration, etc.
- Facilitate a process for securing auction items and selecting event awardees.
- Secure Renaissance entrepreneurs for Marketplace and PopUp Café vendors.
- Work with videographer to create awards video.
- Special Events
- Support setup and administration of other fundraising events and donor cultivation events across all Centers.
- Assist in public outreach efforts, media events, donor events, and other types of meetings. Attend off-site meetings, networking events and tabling opportunities.
- Year End Appeal and Peer-to-Peer Online Campaign
- Coordinate logistics of direct mail, email, and social media fundraising campaigns.
- Identify and research potential funders
- Draft grant reports and proposals
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for funder and other presentations
- Produce funder packets
Board of Directors (working directly with Renaissance’s CEO)
- Coordinate and prepare for monthly Board meetings, including scheduling, meeting arrangements, document distribution, and meeting follow-up.
- Compile documents, meeting minutes and other communications and administration to maintain communicative board.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Provide shared coverage to Facilities & Operations Associate during their breaks.
- Willingness to take on other duties as assigned and shift priorities when needed.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and joy in managing many moving parts and complex systems
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Network for Good, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office and Google platforms
- A can-do attitude and willingness to take the initiative on assigned projects
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively
- Experience in fundraising
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, changing environment and community
- Ability to attend Renaissance and community events during daytime and some evening and weekends hours
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
Application Process: Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com, noting “Development Coordinator” as the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.