Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Development Associate
Works with: Program, Finance and Data departments; Fundraising and Event Consultants
Location: San Francisco, California
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Renaissance seeks a creative and analytical Development Manager to strengthen all fundraising activities to secure and grow our organizational budget (currently $5M). Renaissance receives major funding from government, corporate, foundation and individual sources. Initially reporting to the CEO, our new colleague will take ownership of our grant writing, report submission and management. The ideal candidate is passionate about funding our mission, enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and brings the ability to multitask, along with a high level of organization and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Note: During the current Coronavirus Pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic reality evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Manage the full cycle of the grant process for our portfolio of foundation, corporation, government and corporate and individual contributions.
- Project manage grant preparation, writing and submission processes – coordinating between Renaissance’s CEO, program and finance departments
- Track status of outstanding grant proposals and awards: i.e. what is pending, what are next steps for pending applications, which awards are encumbered and ready to bill, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate reporting and requirements of existing contributions from government, corporate and foundation donors.
- Liaise between program and finance departments and government grant representatives on finalizing grant budgets, billing procedures, timing, requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on all government, corporate and foundation grants.
- Conduct reconciliation with finance department on monthly basis
- Work with Development Associate to ensure Salesforce is up-to-date including donor information and prospect cultivation activities; manage gift processing to ensure that gifts are acknowledged, processed, coded and documented in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the CEO and Development Associate, performing other duties to optimize our development department and Renaissance’s philanthropic culture.
- Manage Development Associate: support their professional development; guide their work; and grow their impact.
- Maintain development website pages – modifying content as needed, highlighting clients’ success stories, etc.
- Communicate with donors via updates, announcements, etc.
- Support fundraising and other activities for Renaissance’s Annual Event.
- Research prospective individual, foundation and corporate funders; steward relationships with foundation, government, and corporate funders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least five years of fundraising and/or related experience
- Demonstrated success in managing proposal processes
- Self-motivated, possessing the ability to take direction and complete projects independently, as well as work on several projects simultaneously
- Superior time-management skills, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with program and finance departments
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Experience working in team environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency with fundraising &/or CRM databases (Salesforce preferred) & Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Creative Suite (website tools)
- High level of professionalism; Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity and/or experience with the landscape of fundraising for economic and community development in Bay Area
- Passion for economic development, for serving our diverse communities and clients
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary ($70-$75K based on experience) with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients!
Application Process: Please send a cover letter (one page), resume (no more than two pages), short writing sample (two page maximum) to Sharon Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical abilities, race, religion, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.