Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Program Staff, Consultants, Volunteers
Location: San Francisco, California (South of Market Location)
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Renaissance’s WBC Director is deeply committed to creating economic mobility for women entrepreneurs and has a passion for empowering community through training, client support and program excellence. The WBC Director leads visioning and goal setting; innovates and oversees delivery of unique, bilingual programming and business counseling; manages a growing program budget, a dynamic team, and multiple matching grants and contracts from the City, State and the U.S. Small Business Administration. The ideal candidate is organized and entrepreneurial, thrives in a multicultural, mission-driven environment, has a passion for strengthening and growing our local economy, and the experience to help entrepreneurs succeed.
Note: During the current Coronavirus Pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic reality evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Manage the full cycle of programs, services and grant reporting for Renaissance’s Women’s Business Center (WBC), Renaissance’s South of Market San Francisco program site:
- Planning, coordinating, directing and overseeing the activities and compliance of the Women’s Business Center programs
- Preparing short-term and long-range plans, goals, and budgets in support of organizational objectives, including the US SBA grant renewals and work plans
- Developing and guiding English- and Spanish- language training, classes, workshops, and networking opportunities to meet the needs of diverse women entrepreneurs
- Identifying, developing, and maintaining cooperative working relationships with key partners and community educational providers, whose programs will serve the unique needs and training of WBC Clients
- Maintaining a sound plan of program organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development in a fast-paced environment
- Managing program budget, invoicing, consultant contracts, reporting and other program and grant administration aspects
- Supervising, mentoring and motivating team that consists of program staff, independent consultants, and volunteers
- Supervision and gathering of statistical data collected for required grant reporting.
- Overseeing marketing, communication and outreach efforts to promote our programs for women
- Recruiting, training, and evaluating consultants
- Participating in monthly and bi-weekly stakeholder meetings
- Supporting and providing coaching to a diverse client base
- Delivering training and workshops as needed
- Serving on the organization’s leadership team
- Performing other duties as assigned
Partial listing of current programming includes:
- Women-focused training classes and workshops
- One-on-one consulting and coaching for women entrepreneurs
- Women Mean Business: monthly women in business speaker and networking event
- Industry-Specific Class Series in Fashion, Food, Makers, Services
- English- and Spanish- Language Business Planning, Lean Start-up (introduction to business), and additional classes
- Financing Resource Center – loan packaging and access to capital program
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for the mission and vision of Renaissance and knowledge of the field of microenterprise
- Minimum five years’ experience in small business, community economic development, and/or senior management in women-centered program administration
- Experience managing employees and consultants; capacity to identify skills in and recruit consultants, instructors, and volunteers
- Expertise in coaching or consulting with small business owners; strength in working directly with clients and case management models and experience in training for adult learners
- Experience in managing local, state or federal government grants, grant reporting and compliance desired
- Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced and mission-driven organization
- Ability to convey information to diverse audiences in constructive clear way; strength in writing clear and concise reports, and in making presentations to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated experience concurrently managing a variety of projects and successfully executing, expanding, and adapting program activities as demand, funding and conditions change
- Experience managing client data, case management, data reporting; extracting patterns, evaluative information and strategies from client and program data
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree(s) welcome but not required
- Bilingual Spanish highly desired
- Availability for flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours. Ability to travel to remote training sites and events
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, exempt position includes a competitive salary ($85-$90K based on experience) with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter (one page) and resume (two pages max) to email@example.com. Please note “Renaissance WBC Director” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.