- This event has passed.
Entrepreneur’s Meetup – How To Pick Insurance For Your Business (Richmond): 9/28/2016
September 28, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Does your business need insurance?
- When and why?
- How can you understand the risks, protections, and policies?
- What could knock your business out of business?
- What keeps you up at night?
- What the heck is your client, landlord, or bank asking for when they demand you present a certificate of insurance?
What does it mean to prepare for:
- physical devastation (what happens if your business suffers a fire, or burglary)?
- lawsuit (what happens if you do your job wrong, or hurt someone in the course of a job?)
- injury (what happens if you or an employee gets hurt on the job?)
- No matter the scenario, there’s an insurance policy that covers that.
This class will get your prepared to navigate common risks, coverages, and considerations when it’s time for you to choose the right insurance policy for your small business.
Abby Baldini is a State Farm Insurance Agent in Emeryville California. When she was little, she dreamed about the day she would own a business, about running her own show. Now, the time is upon her. After being an employee for State Farm Agents since 2007, Abby opened her own agency in March 2016. She understands fully the joy and terror of being a small business owner!
She’s proud and happy to help Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center students unravel the one (and possibly only) thing she’s sure she knows how to do in small business – make sure your business keeps running and fully recovers after a catastrophe!
When Abby’s not thinking about all the terrible things that could happen to folks (occupational hazard, she’s seen it all!), she stays at home reading books. Unless she’s out racing dirt bikes, or carving canyons on her street bike, that is. Abby came to Oakland from Michigan in 2001, and currently lives in San Francisco with her husband, two kids and dog.register here
- September 28, 2016
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Bret Sweet, Program Director