- This event has passed.
Intellectual Property: Protecting Your Ideas, Brands, Designs (WBC)
September 27 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Duration: 3 hours
You may have the right to protect your unique business name, ideas, or creations from being tarnished or knocked off by a competitor… but how do you do that affordably on a tight budget?
This workshop will introduce you to different types of intellectual property (focused primarily on copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets), and will provide you with self-help resource information to start building a simple but solid foundation of protection through rights searches, NDA’s, registrations, licenses, and other tools. Although taught by an experienced business attorney, this class does not constitute legal advice.
Although led by an experienced business attorney, these educational sessions do not constitute legal advice.
By registering for this Program, you acknowledge and agree that:
- This general educational group discussion is not privileged or confidential, and does not constitute a legal consultation or legal advice;
- Your attendance does not establish an attorney-client relationship or obligate The San Francisco Community Business Law Center (the “BLC”) or Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (“Renaissance”) to provide any ongoing legal services or any follow-up information regarding changes in laws or regulations;
- It will not be possible for the BLC or Renaissance to review or prepare legal documents for you, or to individually advise or represent you regarding any legal matter or legal dispute;
- You are eligible for pro bono legal education and self-help support for local San Francisco Bay Area low-income community microbusiness owners who cannot afford to pay a lawyer; and
- Renaissance and the BLC do not make referrals to for-profit law firms or legal service companies and do not permit any Program participant to solicit or refer to for-profit law firms or legal service companies (or other similar for-profit professional firms).
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the SBA. All SBA programs or cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact: Isla, Isla@rencenter.org, (415) 348-6227register here
- Isla Covarrubias
- (415) 348-6227
September 28 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
September 29 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
September 30 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm