Marketing Jumpstart Workshop
If you know you should be marketing, but you aren’t sure what marketing really is (and you know you definitely don’t have a marketing budget) this course will give you the jumpstart you need. With a $0 marketing budget, this course will teach you how to:
- Create a marketing strategy to reach you ideal customers (and figure out who they are)
- Find the right channels to market your business — hint: you don’t need to have to be on every social media platform out there
- Organize and schedule your marketing activities so you can manage your marketing in less than 5 hours a week
- How to create engaging content that doesn’t feel spammy or gross!
- Develop measurable goals and returns on your marketing efforts
We’ll go over the marketing basics so you know who your ideal customers are, where they spend their time, and how to reach them. Once we know where to find them, we’ll dig deeper into your business’ value proposition to figure out how to market by sharing your passion, using emotion, and sharing your entrepreneurial story (don’t worry introverts, there are a number of different ways to do this so it’s not overwhelming).
Now that you know what you’re selling and who you’re selling to, let’s build a system to make it manageable! During this session we’ll create a marketing plan and calendar, setup free scheduling tools, and organize your assets to make your marketing activities quick and efficient. Once we have our system set up, we’ll also create measurable goals so you can figure out which activities yield the best results and focus in those areas.
Please come to class ready to engage and ask questions! This course is a live zoom and attendees who participate will get the most out of the workshop. The first course will have two 30-minute slide presentations and several breakout activities to help build your marketing strategy in smaller groups or partners. We’ll be using a ‘flipped classroom’ format for the second session– prior to the second session you’ll have slides to review (please set aside approximately 30-60 minutes to review these materials). We’ll use the majority of the second session to create marketing systems live and will demonstrate how to set them up. We will also have several breakout activities to help you create your own marketing system. During each class, we’ll have a 15-minute break at the halfway point of the session.
As a Renaissance participant you agree to:
- Have your camera turned on during all class sessions and be ready to actively participate
- Mute your microphone unless it’s your turn to speak
- Raise your “hand” if you want to say something
- Come prepared and participate
- Feel free to ask questions or engage in the chat box
- Have your full name in display for attendance purposes
*We strongly encourage students to join using a computer to get the best experience. Phones can be utilized if there is no other option available.
Instructor: Ari Takata Vasquez
Registration required. Once you register, you will receive a zoom link to join the online class.