- This event has passed.
Retail Fundamentals Course (Webinar)
April 7, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Duration: 2.5 hours each session, one session per week, for 7 weeks
Join us for the 7-week Retail Fundamentals online course, a class to help you plan and budget for your retail space. This course is for entrepreneurs who are considering going into retail but aren’t 100% sure if it’s the right fit for them. During this class, we will create floor plans/mood boards, rough budgets, and operation plans for your retail future.
Week 1 Introduction to Retail
- What is retail?
- Being a reseller vs. brand
- Trends in retail
- finding your place in the retail market
Week 2 Finding Your Retail Fit
- Is your product/services the right fit for retail
- Where is the ideal location for your retail concept
- Alternatives to retail (events, pop-ups, wholesale)
- Checklist before going into retail ready
Week 3 Retail Operations: Managing Day-to-Day Retail
- Inventory management
- Merchandising and your storefront
- People management
Week 4 Budgeting + Planning: Is it Feasible?
- Rough costs for build out
- Ongoing overhead costs
- Setting goals and projections
Week 5 Planning + Designing Your Concept
- What are your space needs?
- Budgeting for your build out
- Creating a space that’s an extension of your brand
Week 6 Getting to Retail: What’s the process for getting a storefront?
- Finding the right neighborhood
- Needs for your space
- Financial package
- Working with a broker
- Lease negotiation
Week 7 Building Your Vision
- Pulling together your ideas and plans to get ready for the next steps
- Resources to help you get retail ready
Instructor: Ari Takata-Vasquez
Owner Viscera + Creative Director Viscera Studio
Ari@Viscerastudio.com • VisceraStudio.com
*In order to receive our webinar information you must turn in a Renaissance Client Intake form and Income Verification form, once Renaissance Richmond staff has received these forms, we will email you the zoom webinar information and passcode.
- Carmela Zakon