About This Class
This class will meet for 3 hours once a week for four weeks in person at the Opportunity Center of the Coast, at 637 Main St., Half Moon Bay CA, 94019.
If you are ready to start a small business, are very new to business, or are thinking about how to pivot your business, this class is for you! Start Smart is a four-week course where you will learn the basic tools and business fundamentals needed to start up successfully. You will work with a Business Model Canvas (a visual hands-on tool) to get your ideas down on paper, test, refine and confirm concepts, and adjust your conclusions about customer needs.
- Learn how to define your vision
- Create a mission statement
- Assess your skills, passion, and resources
- Craft a business strategy to match your reality
- Test the viability of your products and services
Interested in attending this class?
We’re thrilled to have you! All clients must register for classes via your client portal account. Here’s how you can do it:
Already a Renaissance Client?
- Log in to your client portal
- Go to the Calendar: Once logged in, navigate to the Calendar tab at your portal’s top left corner.
- Select & Enroll: Find your desired class, click on Enroll, answer the brief questions, and hit Submit.
New to the Renaissance Community?
- Get started by filling out a client interest form and creating your client portal.
- Orientation: Sign up for an orientation session and meet with a Renaissance team member who will work with you to assess your business needs.
- Post-Orientation Steps: Log into your new client portal after completing the orientation. Then, follow the steps outlined under “Already a Renaissance Client” to register for classes.
*All clients must complete orientation before attending classes*