If you are ready to start a small business or are very new to business, this class is for you! Start Smart is a four-week course where you will learn the basic tools and business fundamentals needed to start-up successfully. You will work with a Business Model Canvas (a visual hands-on tool) to get your ideas down on paper, test, refine and confirm concepts, and adjust your conclusions about customer needs. This class meets once a week for three hours.
- Learn how to define your vision
- Create a mission statement
- Assess your skills, passion and resources
- Craft a business strategy to match your reality
- Test the viability of your products and services
Note: This class is free to parents of students attending Community School for Creative Education and selected partner organizations. If you are not a parent, your fee will be based on your income level. Payment plans will also be available.
Tuition: $120. Scholarships up to 50% are available based on household income. For more information on your eligibility, see our scholarships page.
Scholarships: To apply for a scholarship you will need:
- *Proof of household income
- Income verification form
*Proof of household income can be one of the following:
- A copy of previous year’s tax return;
- A recent pay stub (within the last three months) or
- Documentation of government assistance, such as unemployment benefits, social security, or Medi-Cal.
All information will be kept confidential. Download income verification form here.
Email above to Lucero, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before class starts. Preference is given to local residents and business owners.
Accessibility: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact Lucero at email@example.com or 510-221-2003.register here
May 17 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
May 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm