If you are ready to start a small business or are very new to business, this class is for you! Start Smart is a four-week course where you will learn the basic tools and business fundamentals needed to start-up successfully. You will work with a Business Model Canvas (a visual hands-on tool) to get your ideas down on paper, test, refine and confirm concepts, and adjust your conclusions about customer needs. This class meets once a week for three hours.
- Learn how to define your vision
- Create a mission statement
- Assess your skills, passion and resources
- Craft a business strategy to match your reality
- Test the viability of your products and services
Please attend the mandatory onboarding session a week before, on June 5th.
Tuition: $120. Scholarships up to 50% are available based on household income. For more information on your eligibility, see our scholarships page.
Scholarships: To apply for a scholarship you will need:
- *Proof of household income
- Income verification form
*Proof of household income can be one of the following:
- A copy of previous year’s tax return;
- A recent pay stub (within the last three months) or
- Documentation of government assistance, such as unemployment benefits, social security, or Medi-Cal.
All information will be kept confidential. Download income verification form here.
Email above to Lucero, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com at least two weeks before class starts. Preference is given to local residents and business owners.
Accessibility: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact Lucero at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-221-2003.register here
- Lift Up Contra Costa
184 E. Leland Road, Suite A
Pittsburg, CA 94565 United States + Google Map