If you are ready to start a small business or are very new to business, this class is for you! Start Smart is a course where you will learn the basic tools and business fundamentals needed to start-up successfully. You will work with a Business Model Canvas (a visual hands-on tool) to get your ideas down on paper, test, refine and confirm concepts, and adjust your conclusions about customer needs. This class meets once a week for three hours.
- Learn how to define your vision
- Create a mission statement
- Assess your skills, passion and resources
- Craft a business strategy to match your reality
- Test the viability of your products and services
Class meets on Mondays from 7pm – 9pm for 7-weeks.
Students will have the opportunity to receive 2 hours of one-on-one support during week 3 and week 6.
Tuition: $120. Scholarships up to 50% are available based on household income. For more information on your eligibility, see our scholarships page.
Payment: Payment for classes and workshops are collected prior to or no later than the first day of class. To request an installment payment plan please contact Program Coordinator, Lucero De Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships: To apply for a scholarship you will need:
- *Proof of household income
- Income verification form
*Proof of household income can be one of the following:
- A copy of previous year’s tax return;
- A recent pay stub (within the last three months) or
- Documentation of government assistance, such as unemployment benefits, social security, or Medi-Cal.
All information will be kept confidential. Download income verification form here.
Email above to Carmela Zakon, Program Assistant, at email@example.com at least two weeks before class starts. Preference is given to local residents and business owners.
Accessibility: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact Lucero at firstname.lastname@example.org or.
- Carmela Zakon
January 18 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
January 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
January 23 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm