Renaissance seeks an energetic, detail-oriented Program Assistant to join our Bayview team, located in San Francisco, CA. Our ideal new colleague engages enthusiastically with clients and the public, takes pride in the work that we do, and is passionate about economic development through entrepreneurship. They will support smooth administration of our programs and services for the Bayview and southeast San Francisco communities.
JOB TITLE: Program Assistant, full-time, non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Renaissance Bayview Center Director
LOCATION: Bayview, San Francisco, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the administration of multiple programs and services on- and off-site, including but not be limited to: class scheduling & registration, and other administrative aspects for program success;
- Assist in creating and preparing various types of marketing content and material for social media distribution, press release, classes and workshops and funding opportunities (e.g. website content, flyers, fact sheets etc.);
- Maintain program and community resource calendars both online and in the office.
- Process invoices from consultants, vendors and other service providers.
- Provide occasional evening support for classes, workshops, and events
- Be informed about Renaissance programs and services, staff and event schedules, to provide information and assistance to clients, donors, community partners, and other staff.
Client Tracking and Program Evaluation
- Collect and input client program data to monitor program success and address grant requirements.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual program reports and data collection
- Provide regular program progress reports, including snap shots of year to date activity.
- Serve as the point of contact for tenants in our incubator program and facilitate maintenance, appliance and equipment repairs, coordinating with Facilities and Operations team colleagues in Renaissance SoMa location.
- Process tenant payments and monitor and maintain account balances, coordinating with Renaissance Finance team in Renaissance SoMa location.
- Field client inquiries, registrations for programs, and direct building guests and visitors
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, creative thinker with effective project administration skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to take initiative and perform a variety of assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook and Excel), and various social media
- Experience in marketing and outreach
- Demonstrated passion for working in diverse communities; Strong background or interest in community development and entrepreneurship
- Data collection and analysis experience and appreciation
- Experience in small event organization – workshops, classes, graduations – to ensure smooth activities.
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, non-exempt position includes a competitive salary ($45,000 – $50,000 annually) based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
Application Process: Please send cover letter and resume attn: Marcus Tartt, Renaissance Bayview Center Director, to email@example.com. Please note “Bayview Program Assistant” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions. Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity (transgender status), marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, height and weight, and veteran status.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (Renaissance) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 34 years by helping to bring thousands of small businesses to market, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area; this person will join the Renaissance Bayview team.