Renaissance seeks a South Bay Program Coordinator to join our Mid-Peninsula team. Our ideal new colleague is Spanish-language bilingual, engages enthusiastically with clients and the public, takes ownership in the work that we do, and is passionate about economic opportunity and the impact of our work. They will be active in recruiting clients, marketing our programs, supporting our classes and events, tracking client services and representing our work and impact in the San Jose community. Our South Bay Program Coordinator will operate independently from San Jose and will work closely with the team at our Mid-Peninsula program site in East Palo Alto.
JOB TITLE: South Bay Program Coordinator, Full-time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Director, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Mid-Pen
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the administration of multiple programs and services on-site as well as off-site at other locations in the South Bay, including: marketing upcoming classes, trainings and programs; monitoring the class registration process; scheduling program consultants; and other administrative aspects for programs success.
- Maintain program and training calendars both online and in the office.
- Assist with marketing, administrative, and communication tools, public outreach efforts, media and donor meetings related to programs and events.
- Provide evening and weekend support for classes, workshops, and events as needed.
- Receive and process program fees and client payments; coordinating with Finance colleagues.
- Be informed about Renaissance programs and services, staff and event schedules, to provide information and assistance to clients, donors, partners, and other staff.
- Assist in researching and preparing various types of communication materials (e.g. materials for the web site, fact sheets) in Spanish and English.
Client Tracking and Program Impact
- Input data on clients, participants, businesses, and programs/events into cloud-based database (VistaShare Outcome Tracker) and follow up to ensure client data records are complete.
- Meet monthly and quarterly grant reporting requirements.
- Maintain and improve program outcome monitoring processes and reporting.
- Provide progress reports and client success snap shots to Program Manager and Renaissance development team, illustrating program impact.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, creative thinker with effective project administration skills.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently, take initiative and perform a variety of assignments.
- Strong background or interest in community development and entrepreneurship
- Ability and interest in supporting, attending and coordinating on- and off-site programs; flexibility to work evenings or weekends as schedule requires.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook, Excel), Twitter and other social media essential.
- Demonstrated passion for working in diverse communities; experience and comfort working with monolingual Spanish clientele, including written and verbal communications and outreach.
- Experience in marketing and outreach.
- Data collection and analysis experience (experience with relational databases a plus).
- Experience in small event organization – workshops, classes, graduations to ensure smooth events.
- Spanish fluency required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, non-exempt position includes a competitive salary (mid $50k annually) based on experience, with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
Application Process: Please send cover letter and resume attn: Timothy Russell, Renaissance Mid-Pen Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “South Bay Program Coordinator” in email subject line. No telephone calls, personal inquiries please.
Renaissance believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions. Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity (transgender status), marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, height and weight, and veteran status.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (Renaissance) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 34 years by helping to bring thousands of small businesses to market, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area; this person will join the Renaissance’s Mid-Peninsula team which is located in East Palo Alto but will operate independently from our San Jose space.