Reports to: East Bay Program Director
Supervises: Client Success Coordinator
Works with: East Bay program staff, consultants and colleagues across Renaissance sites
Location: Richmond, CA**
Renaissance seeks a Program Manager to take responsibility for a wide range of programs and services, playing a key role in developing the programs and collaborative community relationships at the Renaissance East Bay site. Our ideal new colleague is an ambitious leader with expertise in small business and economic development. They offer proven experience in program design and management, and leadership in collaborating and working with diverse clients and community stakeholders. They are a team player, who brings innovation, creativity, reliability and sensitivity to the needs of our diverse client base.
**Note: During the current coronavirus pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic evolves, this position will be primarily based in Richmond, California with frequent on-site visits to client business and partner locations.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program and Resource Development: training programs in English and Spanish for growing enterprises:
- Identify obstacles that inhibit the growth of micro-enterprises and developing resources that will assist in overcoming them
- Manage development and adaptation of new curriculum, including workshops, seminars, consultation and coaching for small and micro business owners
- Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate consultants and pro-bono volunteers who deliver client services
- Administer and facilitate trainings and programs, responding to client needs and shifting business environment
- Maintain multiple training schedule calendars for both online and in the office.
- Be informed about Renaissance programs and services, staff and event schedules, to provide information and assistance to clients, donors, partners, and other staff
- Assist with fundraising, donor meetings and proposals related to programs and events
Direct Client Services: Supporting clients in growing their small and micro-enterprises:
- Work with business owners to assist them in planning and articulating business growth goals
- Ensure that client business owners are represented in our online directory; maintain accurate business information on linked web pages
- Administer special grant and equity programs for business owners
- Support the administration of multiple programs and services on-site as well as off-site at other locations in the East Bay, including class registration processes, consultant scheduling, administrative aspects for programs and classes
Marketing: Overseeing local marketing and outreach efforts:
- Assist in researching and preparing various types of communication materials (e.g. materials for the web site, fact sheets)
- Develop descriptive and promotional materials about program services
- Presenting program services in local community forums and with local stakeholders
- Create communication relating to COVID-19 for entrepreneurs
Program Evaluation – in conjunction with agency-wide program evaluation efforts:
- Perform quality control for inputted data on clients, businesses, and programs/events into databases and follow up to ensure complete client data records.
- Manage client outcome tracking, evaluation and perform data based decision making
- Analyze results, producing reports and success stories to communicate results to stakeholders (e.g., organizational leadership, funders and community-at-large)
- Project manage collection of client business outcomes information directly from clients
- Meet monthly and quarterly reporting requirements based on grant guidelines and timelines
- Act as hub for day-to-day needs of Renaissance East Bay. Coordinate with facilities team at Renaissance headquarters to ensure Renaissance East Bay is running smoothly for all
- Lead processing of accounts payable; coordinating with Finance to code and process billing for consultant invoicing, program revenue and expenses
- Onboard consultants: process contracts and W9 forms for billing purposes
- Administer micro-enterprise grants for small businesses: participate in grant selection process collect required documentation, collaborate with Finance department in funds distribution, create follow-up reporting
- Contribute to Covid19 precaution and safety measures such as spaced staffing, mask requirements, PPE usage, hand wash station and other necessary steps
- Support maintenance of office (emptying garbage cans, refilling toner, etc)
Skills and Qualifications: these skills/qualifications will be helpful for our new colleague; if you don’t have all skills noted, but look forward to building them, please don’t hesitate to apply
- Detail-oriented, self-starting, creative thinker with effective project administration skills and ability to take initiative on a variety of assignments
- Passion for small businesses ownership with willingness to develop entrepreneurial toolkits
- Interest in community development, community organizing and entrepreneurship; familiarity with Alameda and Contra Costa County
- Experience coaching/training/consulting with small business owners; strength in working directly with clients and case management models
- Understanding of adult learning, curriculum development and online instruction highly desirable
- Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced and mission driven organization
- Data collection and analysis experience (experience with relational databases a plus)
- Ability to convey information to diverse audiences; strength in writing clearly and concisely, and in making presentations to individuals and groups; Proficiency with marketing, outreach and social media accounts
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree(s) welcome but not required
- Spanish fluency preferred; Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, or additional languages a bonus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Canva, Docusign, Slack, Calendly and YouTube; Curiosity about new technologies that facilitate improved interaction between clients and organization
- Experience with event planning and management is a plus
- Availability for flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours, travel to off-site trainings, community events and client businesses as needed
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary ($70-$75k based on experience) with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients!
Application Process: Please send a cover letter (one page), resume (no more than two pages), to Bret Sweet at email@example.com. Please note “East Bay Program Manager” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer – we value and encourage diverse applicants with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.