Position: Program Manager, Renaissance Women’s Business Center
Reports to: Director, Women’s Business Center & SoMa (South of Market) Programs
Location: San Francisco, California
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Renaissance seeks a Program Manager to take responsibility for a wide range of programs and services, playing a key role in developing the programs and collaborative community relationships at the Renaissance U.S. Small Business Administration Women’s Business Center in response to COVID-19. Our ideal new colleague is an ambitious leader with expertise in small business and economic development. They offer proven experience in program design and management, and leadership in collaborating and working with diverse clients and community stakeholders. They are a team player, who brings innovation, creativity, reliability and sensitivity to the needs of our diverse client base.
Note: During the current Coronavirus Pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic reality evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead efforts to create new and advanced training in English and Spanish in the areas of management, finance, marketing, business resiliency, and technology addressing the challenges small businesses are facing due to COVID 19
- Identify and develop new workshops, classes and other client-service programs, to enhance our offerings in partnership with Director
- Support clients and provides direct coaching, for a diverse client base
- Oversee marketing and outreach efforts
- Create communication relating to COVID-19 for entrepreneurs
- Edit and proof all printed marketing materials, ensuring US SBA standards
- Help ensure excellence in grant implementation and reporting
- Assist in managing client outcomes tracking and evaluation
- Analyze and communicate program impact and assists Director with reporting
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for the mission and vision of Renaissance and knowledge of the field of microenterprise
- Minimum five years’ experience in small business, community economic development, and/or management in women-centered program administration
- Expertise in coaching or consulting with small business owners; strength in working directly with clients and case management models and experience in training for adult learners
- Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced and mission-driven organization
- Ability to convey information to diverse audiences in constructive clear way; strength in writing clear and concise reports, and in making presentations to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated experience concurrently managing a variety of projects and successfully executing, expanding, and adapting program activities as demand, funding and conditions change
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree(s) welcome but not required.
- Bilingual Spanish highly desired.
- Availability for flexible schedule, including evening hours and weekends on occasion. Ability to travel to remote training sites and events.
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary ($70-$75K based on experience) with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients!
Application Process: Please send a cover letter (one page), resume (two pages max) in PDF format, and LinkedIn profile address (if available) to email@example.com. Please note “Program Manager, Renaissance Women’s Business Center” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.