Position: Program Assistant, Renaissance Richmond, FT
Reports to: Renaissance Richmond Center Director
Location: Richmond, CA
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 34 years by helping lower income women and men bring thousands of small businesses to market, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance Richmond was launched in 2014; our programs serve the cities of Richmond, San Pablo, Pinole, Oakley, Brentwood, Antioch, Pittsburg, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland and San Leandro. Renaissance operates three additional program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Renaissance seeks an energetic, detail-oriented Program Assistant to join our team; this position will be based out of Renaissance’s Richmond Center. Our ideal new colleague engages enthusiastically with clients and the public, takes ownership in the work that we do, appreciates the story that client data tells, and is passionate about economic opportunity and the impact of our work. They will be active in recruiting clients, marketing our programs, supporting our classes and events, tracking client services and keeping our office and incubator humming smoothly.
- Support the administration of multiple programs and services on-site as well as off-site at other locations in the east bay, including class registration processes, consultant scheduling, administrative aspects for programs and classes.
- Be informed about Renaissance programs and services, staff and event schedules, to provide information and assistance to clients, donors, partners, and other staff
- Assist in researching and preparing various types of communication materials (e.g. materials for the web site, fact sheets)
- Maintain multiple training schedule calendars for both online and in the office.
- Assist with marketing, administrative, and communication tools,
- Assist with public outreach efforts, media and donor meetings related to programs and events
- Provide occasional evening support for classes, workshops, and events
- Business development support to CoBiz Richmond and pop up marketplace
Client Tracking and Program Impact
- Input all data on clients, participants, businesses, and programs/events into cloud-based database (VistaShare Outcome Tracker) and follow up to ensure complete client data records.
- Design and monitor collection of client business outcomes information
- Meet monthly and quarterly reporting requirements based on grant guidelines and timelines
- Extract meaningful insights from existing data
- Maintain and improve program outcome monitoring processes and reporting
- Provide progress reports and snap shots to Program Director
- Act as a hub for the day-to-day needs of Renaissance Richmond.
- Coordinate with facilities team at Renaissance headquarters to ensure Renaissance Richmond is running smoothly for staff, consultants, clients and businesses operating in our on-site business incubator
- Field client inquiries, registrations for programs, and direct building guests and visitors
- Help attract and retain small business tenants; assist in maintaining a vibrant community of entrepreneurs
- Maintain systems and equipment in business incubator including spot cleaning and refilling supplies
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications:
- Detail-oriented, creative thinker with effective project administration skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to take initiative and perform a variety of assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Proficiency with social media accounts such as Facebook/IG, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media essential
- Demonstrated passion for working in diverse communities
- Experience in marketing and outreach
- Strong background or interest in community development and entrepreneurship
- Familiarity with Alameda county communities including Richmond and Oakland
- Familiarity with East Contra Costa county communities such as Oakley, Brentwood, Antioch and Pittsburg a plus
- Data collection and analysis experience (experience with relational databases a plus)
- Spanish fluency preferred; Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, or additional languages a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Salary and Benefits:
This full-time, non-exempt position includes a competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Bret Sweet, Renaissance Richmond Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Richmond Program Assistant” as the subject line of your email.
No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity (transgender status), marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, height and weight, and veteran status.