Reports to: Director, Women’s Business Center & SoMa (South of Market) Programs
Works with: SoMa program staff, business consultants, Client Success Manager, etc.
Location: San Francisco, California
Renaissance seeks a Training Manager to lead training and consulting services for our small business clients, empowering them with business knowledge, skills and networks. Our Training Manager will coordinate our yearly class calendar, design and develop curriculum to be delivered in person and online, and hire and coordinate consultants and instructors. In addition to teaching some trainings, they will provide one-on-one consulting to clients on a variety of business aspects. They will also create and implement a new business mentorship program. This full-time, exempt position is ideal for a proactive, analytical, and innovative thinker with a passion for economic justice and an appreciation for the needs and contributions of our diverse client population.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping under-resourced women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming their lives and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Note: During the current Coronavirus Pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco with frequent on-site visits to client business locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Training and Client Services
- Work collaboratively with program colleagues to determine appropriate trainings and workshops, create and refine curriculum for multiple stages and facets of business launch, operation and sustainability responding to client needs and shifting business environment
- Manage, schedule and coordinate training classes and workshops (based on contractual agreements and grant deliverables)
- Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate consultants and volunteers who deliver client services
- Help clients identify and navigate the impacts of COVID-19
- Provide 1:1 and small group consulting to address individual client needs
- Analyze client business information to assist them in determining business action plans and strategies
- Maintain strong relationships and excellent follow up with clients; utilize a case management approach to support clients in launching, preparing and executing business strategies, and in tapping other resources within Renaissance and the community
- Design and develop a business volunteer (pro bono) mentorship program and match clients with mentors
- Identify and reach out to new partners for collaborative opportunities
Operations and Evaluations
- Maintain thorough client data and consulting documentation to track action steps and impact; provide data for progress reporting; develop monthly/quarterly reports; write client profiles to illuminate challenges, progress and success
- Onboard consultants: process contracts and W9 forms for billing purposes.
- Contribute to COVID19 precaution and safety measures such as spaced staffing, mask requirements, PPE usage, hand wash station and other necessary steps
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of five years experience and comfort with the inner workings of small businesses in multiple industries and diverse communities (or similar industry)
- Expertise in coaching/training/consulting with small business owners; strength in working directly with clients and case management models; understanding of adult learning, curriculum development and and online instruction highly desirable
- Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced and mission-driven organization
- Experience using database for client case management and reporting on grant deliverables
- Ability to convey information to diverse audiences; strength in writing clearly and concisely, and in making presentations to individuals and groups
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization and/or understanding of managing grant-funded programs, budgets, deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree(s) welcome but not required
- Bilingual a plus
- Availability for flexible schedule, including some evening and occasional weekend hours
- Ability to travel to off site trainings, client business sites, and community events
- Can do, proactive, problem-solving attitude combined with passion for Renaissance’s mission, vision and client base.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary (high 70K’s based on experience) with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients!
Application Process: Please send a cover letter (one page), resume (two pages max), to email@example.com. Please note “WBC Training Manager” in the email subject line. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer – we value and encourage diverse applicants with respect to age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.