Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (Renaissance) seeks a Visual Merchandising Expert to consult with our clients on-site at their businesses, assessing, supporting and helping them execute plans to improve the visual presentation of their goods and services. The ideal consultant has several years’ experience helping retail small businesses (including restaurants) make improvements in their physical space, storefronts, websites and brand which result in improved business operations, revenue and sustainability. This person is also passionate about small businesses in under-served and under-invested communities around the Bay Area. While this consulting work will initially focus in the East Bay, we have potential for this visual merchandising support in our work throughout the Bay Area.
Renaissance’s Visual Merchandising Consultant will consult with business owners to:
- Optimize store fixtures and fixture layout to maximize the selling space and make it easy for customers to navigate the store. (Can also be applied to seating layout in restaurants/cafés)
- Help re-merchandise the inventory to take advantage of upcoming holidays or seasonal trends. Train managers/staff how to cross-merchandise to increase sales.
- Design and install window displays to attract more customers. Train business owners and staff on how to update seasonally.
- Update exterior signage to maximize visibility. Help update interior store signage to make it more efficient for the staff to maintain and provide pricing/product information to customers.
- Coordinate with other partners and consultants in the program who are providing additional services – i.e. website creation, logo and branding, restaurant operations and redesign, legal support – to optimize client support and business resiliency.
- Extensive experience in visual merchandising in multiple venues and industries.
- Passion for community development and experience working with diverse small business owners in multiple industries.
- Capacity to excite business owners, their staff and family regarding small changes that can create powerful and compelling presentation of products and services, leading to increased sales and business sustainability.
- Experience with and respect for entrepreneurs working in under-served communities or economically under-invested business corridors.
- Bilingual Spanish a strong plus.
- Competency in Salesforce or other database/CRM systems.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, website and portfolio examples of several projects you have completed to Lisa Kirvin, c/o email@example.com. Please note “Visual Merchandising Consultant” in the email subject line.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 34 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.