Renaissance believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity (transgender status), marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, height and weight, and veteran status.
Program Coordinator, Renaissance Bayview
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (Renaissance) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 33 years by helping lower income women and men bring thousands of small businesses to market, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods.
Renaissance Bayview was launched in 2001, supporting Bayview Hunters’ Point and other southeastern communities of San Francisco through training and consulting, a Business Assistance Center, Contractors Program and other programs directed specifically towards women entrepreneurs. Renaissance operates three additional program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Renaissance seeks a Program Coordinator to provide operational and programmatic support; this position will be based out of Renaissance’s Bayview center. The ideal new teammate has great people skills, is highly organized and self-managed, knows San Francisco’s southeast communities, and is passionate about our mission and economic justice. They have experience in economic development, small business, marketing & outreach, program/project coordination and planning. This position would report to the Renaissance Bayview Center Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Key duties include, but are not limited to:
Program Coordination and Administration
- Coordinate day-to-day activities for the Center’s programs and services, working closely with the Center Director, staff and program consultants.
- Serve as initial point of contact for prospective clients; guide clients through application process for Renaissance services; collect required paperwork.
- Coordinate Center events and trainings including scheduling, registration, materials, facilities set-up, catering arrangements, marketing, media notification and event implementation.
- Coordinate special events with local merchants.
- Finance administration – act as the main point of contact for Bayview programs department invoices including consultants, caterers and third-party vendors and liaise with Finance Department to ensure consultants and program finances are operating smoothly.
- Other duties as needed.
Outreach and Informational Services
- Perform public outreach at community, donor and media events to reach new clients and community partners. Attend off-site meetings, networking and tabling events to represent our services. Represent Renaissance in off-site meetings, networking events and staff booths tabling opportunities.
- Marketing and Research: work with colleagues to maintain Renaissance’s website, marketing materials and social media efforts specific to Renaissance Bayview; assist in research and preparation of various documents/communication materials (e.g. proposals, fliers, client success stories).
- Maintain understanding of Renaissance’s region-wide programs and services, training/event/staff schedules, and regional microenterprise issues to inform and assistmclients, donors, partners, and peers.
Evaluation and Impact Tracking
- Proactively participate in data tracking (capture, input and monitor data) and other efforts to gauge program success for funder reports, outreach, program evaluation and opportunities for program growth.
- Follow up with clients post-class to document success stories and attend client events.
- Assist in reporting for program funders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proactive self-starter who thrives in dynamic, process-driven work environment.
- Appreciation and enjoyment in interacting with stakeholders (staff, board, clients, policy makers, community, volunteers, funders) from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Effective time and project management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; social media/website/marketing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook and Excel), Internet and databases.
- Familiarity with regional/local microenterprise and economic development issues; personal entrepreneurial experience a strong plus.
- Experience and/or familiarity with program coordination, business development, entrepreneurship training.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to represent Renaissance at community events, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Spanish language capacity a plus (but not required).
Salary and Benefits
This non-exempt full-time, 35 hour/week position includes a competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays. Work schedule may include evenings or weekend programs, local travel to training sites, presentations and events.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Renaissance Bayview Program Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. The position will remain open until filled. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.